Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bountiful basket

Last sunday, some friends from church invited us for dinner, everything was pretty good and we enjoyed the dinner and the great company they are. As we were talking they mentioned something about "Bountiful baskets", and I thought to myself that for sure that was an activity from Relief Society that I didn't get the chance to participate or to hear about because I'm always at the nursery and I don't get the announcements, so I asked them what it was all that about and they said that it's a basket with fruit and vegetables that you have to order online for $ 15.00 (After that explanation I didn't feel left out from RS).
 I was really curious and looked on the internet and Tom and I decided to try one and get it, so here it is - our first basket we got today. So this is how it works, you place the order between Monday and Tuesday and the following Saturday there will be a basket of vegetables and one with fruits waiting for you at one assigned place for pick ups. I know every week they give you different fruits and vegetables, we don't get the chance to choose them, so each time you get it you get a surprise of what are you going to cook the following days.
This is what we got today :
Vegetables : Celery, Swiss chard, broccoli, tomatoes, cilantro, cauliflower head and asparagus.
Fruits : Cantaloupe, bananas, apples, mangoes, tangerines.

2 comments:

  1. Hi amiga! I'm thinking of signing up for the Bountiful Baskets too! They look pretty good :) Plus it's hard to find nice looking vegetables at the store. Is the basket too much for two adults or is it just enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's perfect! You will have some extra but it's ok...plus the following week you will have different fruits and vegetables! You should try it!!!

    ReplyDelete